I have too much stuff going on to post about what's going on, so here, have my Baltimore Book Festival schedule:
- 3PM: Signing with Sarah Pinsker
- 4PM: Turning Old Monsters Into New
Still scared of the Boogie Man? Our panel resurrects the monsters you grew up with, talks about all the monsters you grew up with, from fairy tales to urban fantasy to myths and legends and the thing underneath your bed, discuss how modern fiction is reinterpreting them.
- 5PM: Beyond Stew and Replicators: Food in Science Fiction & Fantasy
Sensory details are the hallmark of great science fiction and fantasy, and nothing brings that home quite like the food! Join our panelists as they discuss what goes right and wrong with food in their favorite books. We guarantee you'll leave hungry—unless they start talking about soylent green.
Authors: Lara Elena Donnelly, Scott Edelman, Ruthanna Emrys, Lawrence M. Schoen, Fran Wilde. Moderator Denise Clemons.
- 12PM: Politics, Resistance, & Speculative Fiction
Science fiction and fantasy have always been political, and have always used genre trappings to explore the here and now through the past and future. What does that look like in the current political climate?
How are all of the categories of fantasy even the same genre? From dungeons to dragons to vampires in our midst, our panel will discuss what they love, what they write, and what you should be reading.
All this takes place at the SFWA tent, and the full schedule is available here. The full line-up looks amazing.
Things going on, briefly:
- Anne and I posted our Necronomicon con report on Tor.com.
- Deep Roots has been sent off to production, which means I can finally switch from Editing mode to New Words mode. Tentative title for Book 3: Seas Rise Wild.
- Dear gods, there are a lot of small mammals in the Mysterious Manor House.